The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across the European Union (EU), to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. Enforcement date: May 25, 2018
The SERPed.net team is committed to achieving and upholding GDPR compliance.
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in European Union (EU) law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within all 28 states of the EU.
This regulation addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and aims to give the control of personal data back to EU citizens and residents, as well as simplifying the regulatory environment for international business by unifying regulations within the EU.
The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and becomes enforceable from May 25, 2018.
For more information on the GDPR, please visit:
- Appoint Data Protection Officer (DPO) - DONE
- Research the areas of SERPed.net impacted by GDPR - DONE
- Develop company-wide awareness of the legislation - DONE
- Implement required changes/improvements to make SERPed.net GDPR compliant - DONE
- Verify all the changes/improvements and validate GDPR compliance - DONE
- Verify procedures to detect, report and investigate data security - DONE
- Officialize the GDPR compliance of SERPed.net - DONE