Last Updated: Dec 18, 2019
Welcome to SERPed.net!
We’re Sovereign Net LTD, located at Craigmuir Chambers, Road Town, Tortola, VG1110, British Virgin Islands d/b/a SERPed.net (hereafter “we,'' “us”, “our” and “SERPed.net”).
The “Websites” means SERPed.net's websites (including without limitation http://serped.net/; https://members.serped.net/login.php and any successor URLS, mobile or localized versions and related domains and subdomains), and the “Service” means SERPed.net's provision of access to a rich collection of resources, including but not limited to, keyword research tools, backlinks, domain research tools, site management tools, rank tracking tools, and client acquisition tools,, in each case in whatever format they may be offered now or in the future. The Websites and Service are collectively referred to herein as the “Services.”
Third Party Application
Information We Gather
A. Information related to your interaction with SERPed.net and the Services
Registration and Contact Information:
We collect information about you when you:
(a) register to use the Services and;
(b) provide contact information to us via email, mail, content or through our Services.
This information you provide may include your username, first name, last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
When you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information (“Payment Information”).
Technical, Usage and Location Information:
Third Party Platforms:
We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party websites or services, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
Ways We Use the Information We Gather
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Services and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Services (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To process your payments, we may share and use Payment Information;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Services and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users' movements around the Services) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. You always have the option to opt-out from promotional communications;
- To deliver you advertising, including by serving and managing ads on the Services or on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history and;
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/services, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Services, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/services;
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof or,
- (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share your Payment Information to process your payments;
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets and;
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of services our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Services which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
The Websites contain features that enable you to post reviews, comments or other content that is publicly viewable. You should be aware that any personal information you submit as part of those posts can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to the Websites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to publicly post on the Websites. Please see our Terms of Service for more information and for other guidelines about posting content on the Websites.
Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs: We may give you the option to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for the information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Services to you.
Communication Preferences: If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Services. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals: Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Services do not respond to this type of signal.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use our Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Services, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Services or we terminate your access to the Services in accordance with your Customer Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information.
We may retain your information as necessary to support the Offerings, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Services even if you cease using the Services or we terminate your access to the Services.
Facebook Connect or other OpenID Providers
You can log in to the Websites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an OpenID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. The services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Websites to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Widgets
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests on the Websites. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to be able to send the prize to the winner of the contest.
We post customer testimonials/reviews on the Websites which may contain personal information such as name, company name, position and picture. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial/review to post their name along with their testimonial/review. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us by sending an email communication at email@example.com
No Children Under Age 16
GDPR Rights and Disclosures
If you’re a visitor or a customer from the European Economic Area, then for the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a data controller of your personal data. You have the right to correct or erase your personal data, or to restrict us from its processing. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Your Customers’ Data
In the process of using the Services you may submit various types of your customers’ data and information (“Customer Data”) into the Services for hosting and processing purposes. In this regard you are the Data Controller and SERPed.net, the Data Processor. Customer Data may include, without limitation,
(a) personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of your end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your websites, apps and other properties (“People”), which information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using SERPed.net's scripts and other code implemented on such properties, and;
(b) information contained in the interactions between you and People using the communications and messaging features of the Services.
You are obligated to comply with any applicable rules on the processing of your customers’ personal data. In particular:
- when your visitors’ personal data originates from the European Union (“EU”) or your business is located in the EU, you have to comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and to enter into a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with us.
- when the applicable law requires this, you are obliged to obtain any necessary consent in order to collect and process your customers’ personal data.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password). No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.